Saturday, August 11, 2007

sp 11 questionairre

i know, i know, i'm a slacker. but here it is!

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

i really don't have a preference. i do have one request, though. no acrylic. i don't mind blends, but i do a TON of charity knitting, and i have enough to float the titanic. i'm serious. i have reached SABLE with acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Well, it's kind of weird. I have a 3-drawer cart at my house that i keep needles in. however, we're living in my husband's house, and my storage there is vases and a sewing box my MIL gave me for christmas a few years ago.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since i was 10, and i turned (mumbledy) one this spring, so that's 31 years. I've been crocheting for 36! i'm kind of an advanced intermediate, i suppose. i haven't steeked yet, although after reading the anniversary edition of vogue, i might try a v-neck. anything else is because i have chosen not to, not because i can't.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

yup! right here (you can skip the lego books, lol, those are for me to remember to get them for christmas for my legomaniacs)

5. What's your favorite scent?

i like sandalwood, vanilla, and anything sweetly floral, like jasmine. i do not like spice scents, as they make me sneeze ( i had bronchitis 10 years ago, and haven't been the same ever since)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Duh! I like chocolate, and toffee, and butterscotch. anything rich & creamy. Dark chocolate is my fav, though. (and i'm a good girl and only eat 2 squares a night!)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I spin & crochet regularly. I can also embroider, quilt, and sew, but these are not my drugs crafts of choice.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

i have an entirely eclectic collection. my computer/stereo can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

my favorite colors are rainbow colors. i veer towards blue & deep/dusky purples, but i love bright, vibrant colors. (i just ordered 2 skeins of lorna's laces daffodil, if that's any indication, lol)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

i have 3 boys (ages 13, 15, and 43) and 2 cats. i also have 2 older daughters, one who lives in my house with her roommate and her dog (jack russel terror terrier) .

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

hats, scarves & mittens. however, i need an extra large hat, as i have VERY long hair, and have to stuff it in a hat to keep my ears warm. i'm actually contemplating making myself a caliometry from knitty, to help that situation (my hair gets matted up if the hat is too tight)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

baby clothes. again with the charity knitting, lol. anything small. i do like socks, but i don't wear them much (i'm a hippy that was born 20 years too late). anything that is a "challenge." i'm doing MS3 right now (very slowly, mind you!), and enjoying it.

13. What are you knitting right now?

my sockpalooooza socks in a pattern i can't name as it's a test knit.
another test knit for shannon okey.
MS3
a baby sweater
bereavement baby booties.
a wool soaker (for charity)
charity mittens
panda cotton socks for my SIL (she's allergic to wool, so this yarn is perfect!)

that's it, make me accountable! (i had to check ravelry, lol)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

i like to receive handmade gifts, as so little i knit i keep for myself.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

i actually like straights. i'm odd t hat way. someone just gave me a whole boatload of old style aluminum needles, and i adore them (i apparently type the way i speak. i can't say aluminum, and i had to retype it twice!) i do like wooden needles, as well (most of my sock needles are wood of some sort). i'm not a big fan of plastic needles, though.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

i do own a swift, but not a yarn winder. i'm an odd duck. i like hand-winding yarn. i may even get myself a nostepinne (if you don't, lol!)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

one that i'll go back to? my husband's sweater. he's 6'8" so it was a slog, but it's almost done. i just need to finish one sleeve, and sew it up. however, i was also making his mother a lapghan for her birthday, and he made me stop working on his sweater to finish it, and that was 3 years ago, sigh. (we weren't married yet at that point, either, lol. maybe that's why the curse didn't work, lol!)

one that i probably WON'T go back to? i crocheted an afghan for my younger daughter, and had to put it aside for a while. i started it 8 years ago. however, when i went back to work on it, it was full of holes. what the hell eats acrylic? i may just toss the whole shooting match out at this point, and get her to pick a different one.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween, by far. There's no pressure for gift giving, you get to be who ever you want, and you get to buy creepy stuff to scare people. (i'll have to take a pic of what i do this fall!)

19. Is there anything that you collect?

i collect dragons (imagine that!) and fairies. but not the cutesy type. real fairies and real dragons (yes, they are real, why do you ask?)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

i have IK and Knit Simple (i'm going to let that one lapse, it's been lame since they changed it). I'd like Vogue Knitting, and InKnitters. It's hard to find InKnitters around here, but i love the technicality of it. i would love to have some Addi lace needles. i bought a set for the MS3, but they were too big (size 3), and since i coudln't afford to spend another $17 on needles, i had to take them back. i t hink i would just about adore any of Cookie's sock patterns, although twisted flowers turns my crank the most. (hush, E)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

after knitting for 30+ years, there's not much i'd be interested in trying. there's so much info onthe internet, nowadays.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

yes, i am. i love getting socks, even if i dont' wear them much. i'm in sockpalooooza, lol. i wear a women's size 7 wide. my foot is 9" from heel to toe, and the ball of my foot measures 8". i like shorter socks, but not anklets ( i have fat calves, and taller socks just fall down, unless they're knee socks (and i'm not expecting anybody to knit me knee socks if i wont' knit them for myself!)

23. When is your birthday?

April 1 (hush)

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
yup! dragonknitter (duh!)

and an additional thing for y'all; i'm allergic to banana and watermelon, and really don't care for mint anything.

there! done did my duty!

No comments: