Saturday, August 04, 2007

here we go again

apparently, somebody's got their heads up their asses.

another food recall.

this one is on french cut green beans. for us locals, that includes Kroger. the link will give you the list.

ok, now we have to have a mini-rant here.

We are supposed to have the safest food supply in the world. I suppose my question is this:

Is all this happening because people are getting careless?

Or is it that these people were always this careless, and they're catching more of them at it?

what do you think?

2 comments:

fillyjonk said...

I hate to say it, but I almost wonder if these things won't turn out all to be linked...if maybe there's some group wanting to harm (and scare) people that has got operatives in the different food plants sabotaging things.

I know, that sounds total conspiracy-theorist, but I have to admit the thought that these might be random acts of carelessness scares me even more than the idea that it might be deliberate.

Of course, here's another thought: maybe the plants are operating the equipment at the very lower limit of the temperature/pressure necessary to kill botulism bacteria, because most people who are used to eating fresh or frozen green-beans can find that the canned kind taste kind of overprocessed, and the companies are trying to cut back on that.


I don't know. It does scare me a little bit - we're so used to hearing "food can kill you!" levied at Big Macs and such, and in that case its being a cumulative effect on your arteries...

Norma said...

I'd bet it's always happened and just more are getting caught at it -- or maybe more appropriately, there is just so much more being produced that there is more chance of making mistakes or being careless. Who knows, but it's scary indeed, isn't it?