Monday, April 02, 2007

mega fast

this is the incredibly fast post.

liam has homework to do, and he can't do it on mark's puter, so he has to use mine. maybe this will get him ahead in language arts. cross your fingers.

no pics, steph has my camera, sigh. she borrowed it a week ago, and still hasn't given it back. she promised she'd do it tonight, as i need it for the TRIPTRIPTRIP (like i could resist, lol)

yesterday was my birthday, and saturday's was mark's. mark spent his day quietly, as i took the boys to my mom's and i went to jen's baby shower. as stated earlier, i didn't have my camera, so no pics of the blanket that carin, deawn, tara, alicia, glenda (from touche), and i made. she adored it. everyone there did. i did, however, shanghai judith, and she said she'd send me the pics of that, and the sweater i made. they were all cotton-ease, lol. since this is a late spring baby, she will need lots of cotton, lol. had a blast, and again, if you're reading this, claudia, thank you for being such a lovely host (i doubt it, but i did email her my thanks as well).

i spent my birthday not doing a damned thing. we went to ihop for breakfast, then came home, and i read for 2 hours. then i watched the scifi channel and the shining (the good one, with rebecca demornay, that sticks more closely to the book), and parts of the langoliers, before we went to have supper with mark's folks and my mom at the olive garden. yummy!

my boys are the oddest things. how many young teens do you know that would not only order mussels di napoli, but relish them? not to mention calamari? even sean, my picky butt, loved them. i think i'm raising them right food wise.

gotta go, liam's nagging to get at his homework!

5 comments:

mamaloo said...

Happy birthday!

Norma said...

You're right -- you ARE raising them right foodwise. It's so good that they are exposed to something a little different than 97% of the population of teenagers, who have never eaten anything other than peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, pizza, and boxed macaroni & cheese!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. mine was the 29th. My kids eat a wide variety of food, but if you ask them what their favorite is chicken nuggets.

Judith said...

Happy Birthday, Minnie!

Now, please send an email to me so that I can send you the pictures. (Also, Jen has all of them, so you could get them from her.)

Hugs!

Dharmafey said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that Hogwarts swap is open til April 30, so you can still get it. It's a blogger one at hogwarts-sock-swap!
Happy knitting as always!
-Carrie