Tuesday, March 27, 2007

here we go again

wanna see some more yarn?

This is "Twisted," by pigeonroof studios. it was very very sunny looking before i spun it up, but now looks vaguely autumnal. it's still very pretty, as far as i'm concerned. the funky picture is because i thought a piece of white paper behind it would help, and well, i got in a hurry, and the paper slipped a bit, lol. i'll be posting this at my etsy shop later on today. There's 303 yards of sock-dk weight yarn. i was pushing this, lol.
i've also been spinning some stuff from deb over at dudleyspinner. the color i'm doing right now is adelphia. there's 7 oz, so it's taking a bit of time. in fact, since i've been splitting the rovings in half to make it easier to ply them, i actually stopped in the middle of adelphia, and did twisted. i did half of twisted, then indulged in a couple of batts of the lincoln fleece i bought from tonya. because it's lincoln, it's coming up a bit prickly (bits sticking out) but it's soooooooooooo lovely. steel and silver and black and cream, and oooooooooooooooooo. i love spinning this stuff. i may investigate other ways to spin it. i'm doing short draw (i think?) right now. i'm going to see if i can find a way to make a smoother yarn with this.
speaking of spinning, i've finally named my wheel. i was reading margene's blog earlier this week (late last week? who knows, my days are blending), and saw that she named her wheel emmylou. as i read about her spinning exploits, it came to me. my wheel is named madeline. like the little french girl, she's independent, and sometimes gets in trouble (i'm on my 6th drive band, lol (nothing wrong with the wheel, just that much spinning!)), but still eventually gets there. i'll post a pic as soon as i get my camera back, and you can see madeline in all her (wobbly (i need to find an allen wrench, and tighten her up a bit, we've been going through the paces lately)) glory.
well, i'm off for now, i've got a diaper bag to finish (this one is sewn, from the pant legs i cut off sean's pants! recycle, recycle, recycle!), and some spinning to do.

4 comments:

Snarled Yarns said...

Hey did you happen to see me in the Omaha word herald last week? I was demo'ing spinning at my daughters school. It's a shame everyone had to tell me, cause I didn't even see it. Good thing we save old papers, I'm going to look for it today.

Ina said...

Ooh, marled beauty! I heart marled yarn.

Hel Gibbons said...

Those colours are GORGEOUS! Yum!

noricum said...

This is *soooo* pretty! Sadly, I'm allergic to smoke, and have a really bad cat allergy. :( (Otherwise I might have broken my shopping moratorium for this!) *sigh*