here's my questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i never met a fiber i didn't like. i do love alpaca (who wouldnt!), but i'm not picky at all.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
technically, i have a 7 drawer cart i keep them in, but realistically? in WIP, lol. i also have a romantic candle holder that i put a lot of my dpn's in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Wow. um, i've been knitting for 30 years. my grandma started me off, and i taught myself everything else. i suppose i'm an intermediate knitter, although the only patterns that scare me are steeking ones. just cant handle taking scissors to my knits when they're not felted.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
on amazon. it's under my maiden name, minnie mckain.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
i love vanilla, and sweet florals, like magnolia and jasmine. i also love sandalwood.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
duh! chocolate. preferrably dark chocolate (and you know that dark is better for ya, right?)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
i spin & crochet. i also sew a bit, but mostly just halloween costumes (although i probably won't this year, i'm still wedding-burned)
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
wow, that question is always tough. examples of what i like: AC/DC. Kiss. Nora Jones. Nine Inch Nails. Johnny Cash. Sons of the Pioneers. you should see my auto select stations, lol.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
blues & purples, and bright colors. i can't stand mustard yellows or muted oranges, and browns don't turn me on as a rule, although i had one secret pal send me the yummiest kidsilk
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
i have a husband ( of 2 1/2 weeks, lol), and two sons at home. liam is 14 & sean is 12. i also have two daughters. stephanie is 20 & lisa is 21, and, obviously, they live on their own, although i get frequent "mom" calls from steph. we have 2 cats: jimi, the wonder foot monster, and joplin the grump. admittedly, joplin is 11, but it's amazing how pissy she can get with jimi when she doesn't want to play.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
i have arthritis, so i'm always wearing something on my hands. i have scarves and i do wear them occasionally. i wear hats, but i have to have them bigger than my head, because i have hair i can sit on, and i wear it in clips. mostly big floppy hats, lol.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
anything small. i don't mind sewing bits together, as long as there aren't a ton. no pieced afghan patterns please! i also like a challenge. i've seen the dragon shawl floating about, and i REALLY covet that pattern.
13. What are you knitting right now?
at this instant i am knitting vanilla socks for steph, a clapotis for me, and a teddy bear for charity.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
i prefer straights & metal needles. i have a TON of needles, as i bought out an estate sale, although i don't have a ton of dpn's in the smaller sizes. i do like bamboo for sock needles, though.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
no, but i'm intending on putting them on my christmas list!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
do i really have to confess that one?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
dragons, cookbooks, and fairies. i don't mind cute fairies, but i don't care for "cute" dragons. i like the ones that breathe fire, and actually prefer european to oriental.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
i would really like another set or 2 of size 1 dpns in bamboo. i've got a bad case of startitis, and already have one sock on the needles, sigh. i also would like that dragonshawl pattern (ask me for the link, i'm too tired to go find it now, lol). the books i want are on my amazon list.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
i would like to try entrelac.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
i am a sock knitter. i wear a size 7E shoe. if you need more measurements, holler.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 1 (i know, i know)
and just so ya know, i'm allergic to watermelon & banana, and am not particularly fond of mint.
also, i don't remember what name i signed up under, but my last name, if you read the top part of my blog, is now Olson, lol.