Thursday, October 19, 2006

here we go again, lol

first off, let me say that blogger's habit of posting if you hit enter in the title field is ANNOYING!

I got this from a former secret pal, sarah, but i've seen it several places.

1. FIRST NAME? Minnie

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I'm named for my great grandmother on my mother's side. I'm also named for my maternal grandmother (her middle name was ruth, too, lol) a great pair of ladies, and i hope i can fill their shoes.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? in frustration with sean about a month ago. that boy can really push buttons.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? i don't mind it. it's big and loopy, and can be potentially messy if i'm in a hurry. however, my daughter (who i swear is my emotional clone, even if she is one of my kids that looks the least like me) has virtually identical handwriting. scarey, huh.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Virginia ham. yum

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? yes, i would. i'm one of those people that you just can't help but talk to, lol. perfect example. i was in the store this morning with my mother, and we had just walked into the meat department. i was wearing my puffy nebraska jacket i got last spring for $6 (normal price was $40 (chaching!)). a very tall man walked out of the back wearing a meat-cutter's jacket, and asked me if i would loan him the jacket, since he was going to the game tomorrow, and it's supposed to be cold and rainy. i laughed, and told him the sleeves would be a bit short, since it was a boys' size 16 jacket. see what i mean?

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? not a paper one. that's what this blog is for.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yup. healthy as a horse.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Sure, sounds likea wild trip to me.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? i don't normally do cereal, although i like the fruit and nut ones. i think raisin nut bran is my favorite (do they even make that any more?)

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? yes. i can still out-arm-wrestle my 14 year old son, and he's taller than me by at least 4". heck, i can even out-armwrestle my daughters! i've got "guns," lol. emotionally as well. i have to be, if i'm weak, then how can i help sean?

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? toasted almond fudge from Schwanns. i don't get it much though (i don't eat a lot of ice cream)

14. SHOE SIZE? 7E. yes, i have duck feet. that's why i usually buy boys' shoes. but it makes it easier to find stuff for steph, cuz her feet are proportionately the same as mine, just bigger (she's a 9E)

15. RED OR PINK? Red. pink is for little girls, and i haven't been a little girl in a LONG time.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? my tendency to brain fart. i may not be diagnosed as ADHD, but i definitely have the tendencies. oh look, a chicken!

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? How about you just post it on your blog and I’ll come read it?

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? black pants, a black t-shirt with a glow in the dark ghost, and when i came in, black birkies.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? dark chocolate mocha almonds from target and a glass of milk.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the computer fan whining and "jonathan strange and mr. norrell." a very good book tape. kind of like harry potter, but with adults.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? royal blue. not only is it my favorite color, it is very much what i am. vivid, and true.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? freshly bathed babies (i'm a momma at heart, lol) wood smoke. good bbq. mark's hair. freshly dyed wool.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My husband this morning.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? their voice

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I admire her blog, so I assume I’d like her in person. We’ve never met in person, but i feel between her blog & emails, i do have a sense of her as a person.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? irish cream. cold water. iced tea.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? anything my kids are playing.

29. EYE COLOR? Hazel.

30. HAT SIZE? 6 7/8. 22". i know the inches because when i was working customer service at OTC, i had a customer who asked me to measure my head, so she could figure if a hat would fit her child or not. being the knitter htat i am, i had a tape measure, and i whipped it out and did so (sorry, 12 year old giggle at the phrase "whipped it out")

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? i'm a foodie. i'm supposed to pick one?

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings, for sure. scary movies leave me cold, unless they're really good (the ring wasn't bad)

(Dude, what happened to 34?

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer. even though i love to knit with wool, i hate being cold. i would dearly love to move south, but if i do, it won't be for a very long time. mark's folks are only in their 70's, as is my mom, and they aren't going any where, and we both are dutiful children.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? if i absolutely have to choose, it's hugs. nothing better than being wrapped up in the arms of someone who cares about me (specially mark's hugs, all those arms!)

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? chocolate cheese cake. just tart enough to counteract the sweet, and, oh yum, chocolate.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Oh, let’s skip these next two. It doesn’t matter.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? well, you're used to hearing this from me, lol.
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
The War of the Jewels by J.R.R. Tolkien
All Creatures Great & Small by James Herriot

i'm slacking off a bit, because the first one was due wednesday, and i'm trying to finish it before the grace period is up.

41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? the mouse pad at my house has a picture of the boys in their halloween costumes 2 years ago. liam was a barrel of toxic waste, and sean was sonic the hedge hog. mark's mouse pad is one he got for free from a local computer store.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? mark was watching North Carolina and Virginia play football. i didn't change it because he was still awake, and i fell asleep before the game was over, lol. otherwise, i was at knit night.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? my children singing. my husband singing (he has a good voice, he's a musician, lol). christmas carols (real ones, not the funny ones, although i do enjoy those). someone who loves what they're singing (even the bad karaoke, you can see they're enjoying themselves). birdsong in the morning, just before sunrise.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither, usually.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME?upstate new york.

46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I have a semi-photographic memory. if i've seen it, and want to remember it, i can.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Blair, nebraska. so was sean.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? i saw this on sarah's blog, but i've seen it other places as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i started that Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell book a while back but couldn't get into it, maybe the book on tape is better? i really wanted to like it, maybe i'll try it again.
i am interested to see how that brown lanolin-y fiber does in your hands, maybe washing it will help, it does seem like it will be pretty nice spun up. i can't wait to see it.