ok, here goes
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i havent' found a fiber i haven't liked. of course, i've never knit with linen, soo . . . (hint, hint)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
my UFO's? actually, i have a 7 drawer cart where i try to keep all my straights & circs, and a pitcher on my computer desk where i keep the lion's share of my dpn's.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
um, i've been knitting for 3/4th's of my life. i'm 40 (for the pal that doesn't want to do the math, that's 30 years, lol) i think i'm an advanced intermediate knitter. steeks still scare the living daylights out of me.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes, i ahve an amazon list. just search under my name.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla. sandalwood. jasmine. magnolia. peony.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
does a knitter buy yarn? dark chocolate. (but i'm trying to lose weight for my wedding, sigh)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
i spin, and crochet, and sew. i do alot more spinning & crochet than sewing, though, lol
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
my stereo can play mp3's if they're on a cd. however, my musical tastes are EXTREMELY eclectic. such as the grateful dead, and gaelic/irish, classic rock, and QUEEN. there's more, but ask, and i'll tell ya if i like it or not. if it's any help, i haven't heard a song on Cast On that i didn't like.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
i love deep blues & purples. but i like everything (except mustard yellow) and will knit it all.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
my fiance & i have 2 cats (one lives with him for now, but she's coming over here when he moves in). i also have 2 boys age 11 1/2 & 13 1/2 (they insist on the half) and two daugthers age 20 & 21.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
i'll wear mittens & hats. i own a few scarves, but i never wear them (even the handspun, hand knit ones). i own a poncho, but i never wear it either.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
anything small and fast. although i have a penchant for anything challenging. i'm trying to knit the peacock shawl from fiddlesticks (not having much luck at this point, though)
13. What are you knitting right now?
finishing up my sockpal000za socks, a vest for Dulaan, the peacock shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! and it doesn't have to be handknit, either.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
most of my needles are metal, with about even spreads of straight & circs. i do like wood needles, although i don't own a whole lot. plastic is ok, but i don't care for it as much. (i'd like lots of the smaller sizes of circs (short, too) i dont' seem to have many of those (although i'm sure they're scattered everywhere, see # 2)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
no, but i need to.
17. How did you learn to knit?
my grandmother gave me the beginnings, and i taught myself the rest.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
i refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
HALLOWEEN! that's where my sewing comes out. if you'll look for my "I" post, you'll see waht i DO sew.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
dragons, faeries, and FIBER!
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have IK & Knit Simple. i LOVE the Knitting magazine from GB, but it's hard to get it regularly here. i had 2 lovely secret pals that would send them to me.
i would like the Eris pattern from A girl from Auntie (or called auntie, i can't recall, sigh)
i would also like alterknits, knitting nature, andany # of the barbara walker treasuries. i bought #one for a secret pal, and damn near kept it myself! i would also like more dpn's in the smaller/ huger sizes. i've got most of the middle bits.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
entrelac. lace knitting without tearing my hair out!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
i have knit socks, but mostly for other people. i suffer from a hot foot, and wear my birkenstocks whenever i can (when there's not more than an inch of snow on the ground). if you really want my foot measurements, i'll post them later, leave me a comment
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
my birthday was 04/01. and yes, i turned 40 (shudder).
also, just so you know, i'm allergic to bananas and watermelon, and can't stand the scent of either, to include artificial ones. while i adore tropical things, i have to be careful there's no banana in it. i also don't care for mint (a child hood aversion i've never really gotten over)
any questions about anything, jsut leave me a comment!